Volunteer Code of Conduct
As a Volunteer for the Mark Saunders Campaign, I will at all times, honour and protect the integrity of the electoral process in the City of Toronto and do my utmost to support the Candidate. As a volunteer, I promise:
- To obey all applicable laws both in letter and spirit, including but not limited to the Municipal Elections Act, 1996; and City of Toronto Act and any regulations, rules or guidelines so issued by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, the City of Toronto and the Campaign itself.
- To have fun and actively engage in the democratic process while conducting myself with integrity, courage, honesty and rigour during the Campaign and not commit any act or omit any act that might bring myself, the Candidate, the Campaign or the City of Toronto into disrepute.
- To conduct myself in an honourable and ethical way.
- To not represent myself in any position of authority that portends to speak for or bind the Campaign for which such authority has not been granted.
- To work with fellow volunteers, the candidate, campaign staff and others involved in the democratic process in a collaborative, professional, respectful and collegial way.
- To report a breach of this code of conduct or other misconduct observed on this Campaign or the Campaign of another candidate.
- To not speak to the media or engage on social media as an official spokesperson for the campaign unless authorized to do so by the Candidate, Campaign Manager, CFO or designate (I may represent my own opinion, but I will ensure I express any thoughts and clearly state it as my own opinion).
- To ensure all social media commentary and public commentary is respectful and reflects the Candidate and Campaign in a positive light.
- To treat any confidential, sensitive and proprietary information shared with me with the utmost discretion and/or confidentiality as may be required by Law or by policy (confidential, sensitive and proprietary information may include but is not limited to: information about the candidate's whereabouts; access to supporter or voter data; voter lists; political techniques; software and data contained therein; computerized data; maps; methods or practices; policy ideas or concepts; call lists; volunteer information and/or other information related to the Campaign).
- To ensure that, in the event this Code of Conduct is amended at any time during the Campaign, to conduct myself in a manner consistent with such amendments.